"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, September 19, 2011

Frustrating Email Problems

Dear Family,

Today was really frustrating on email. I tried and tried to log in but it wouldn’t let me. I’m really depressed right now that I won’t be able to read your emails. I hope I will this week. Well first off, I was going to ask for a couple things-I know you guys have already sent a lot, but I was wondering if you could send my ukulele (yes it’s approved), my black vans snowboarding jacket (shell), and some zone bars. Hopefully that package won’t be too expensive, I know you guys have already sent me a lot.

Well this week was good. We taught Kelly lesson 3, the doctrine of Christ. And we also taught the word of wisdom. It was great and she took everything great and accepted everything, and she is just ready. Garret is doing awesome too. He doesn’t understand everything, although most 9 year olds wouldn’t, but he wants to do what God wants him to do—and he knows that is being baptized. We’re planning on visiting them every day this week to make sure they’re doing ok and to make sure they have no other concerns. Jake quit his job and is now going to work full time on a carpet cleaning business he co-owns up in Buffalo so he’ll be gone all week and come back on the weekends. Hopefully that will be ok, and I’m praying that he’ll keep progressing even though this whole week he’ll be in Buffalo. He’ll be ready to baptize them on Saturday though. After our lesson with them, I felt impressed to ask if they had ever been to mormon.org or seen mormon messages. They hadn’t and while we were wrapping up, Jake got on and went to the one I suggested “Good things to come” by Elder Holland. They watched it while we were there, and Kelly was wiping tears by the time it was done. It was awesome and I know that she felt the Spirit.

Todd is doing pretty good. After a long heart to heart about real intent, we asked him what he was willing to do when he got his answer to the question he finally asked. We told him that God, once he answered him, wants him to be baptized. And after some resolving of concerns he said that when he got his answer yes he would be baptized! So it was awesome and unexpected, and he’s progressing greatly.

We also met with Brian Thomas and his girlfriend Jess for dinner on Wednesday and she accepted to receive the missionary lessons! Awesome! And we met with Fred briefly while we gave his wife Jessica a blessing, and I know he felt the Spirit because he looked a little emotional. He’s an awesome and hilarious guy, and he always appreciates what we do—I hope he’ll progress in the gospel, and I hope I’ll be able to see it, but if not it’s ok. He’ll come around eventually. He’s a great guy, and he’s got a great heart.

Man, it’s been a long time coming, but I love Cheyenne. Despite the crazy weather (which it’s been cold lately), despite the Wyoming hickness, I love being in the Buffalo Ridge ward. The people here are awesome. The families here remind me of home, and I hope I’ll get to stay here for a couple more transfers. Well, we should have a great week this week, and I hope that I’ll get to read your emails. I’ll send specific stuff next week. I hope all of you guys are safe and well, I love you so much.

Love,

Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment