"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 3

Elder Anderson and Me at the Airport/Air National Guard Base

Hola Mi Familia, 

Well this week was pretty good.  Well, actually this week kind of stunk it up big time as far as the work goes, but I'm happy.  What can I say?  I'm in the servicio del Señor.  What greater thing can I be doing?  Not a thing. 

Ricky and Erik did not show up to church, and that means that Ricky can't be baptized, and I don't think we have time to teach Erik everything so he can be baptized this Saturday, but we'll try.  Rita we taught this week, and it was a good lesson. We challenged her to pray for a miracle so she can come back to church and be baptized and she said she would.  Well one of our investigators' husband lost his job, and we're hoping he can get hired, and then Rita will be able to quit!  It would be awesome.  We taught his wife, Sunshine, this week, and she had followed our invitation to pray.  She was reading a pamphlet we left her, and then felt a strong urge to read the Book of Mormon, and then while reading that, she felt a strong urge to pray. She said it was an intense and emotional experience.  She'll definitely be baptized, and we just have to get her to progress more.  We got to do a ton of service this week.  Probably like 8 hours.  But it was good.  I love doing service, and I love the service that teaching the gospel provides.  Even though right now in the Buffalo Ridge ward, there aren't very many people wanting to jump into the baptismal font, there will be.  We work hard, we do our best, we give it our all, and we go further than we thought we could.  That's the only thing we can do.  I want my mission to be counted toward my eternal blessings and salvation.  AND!  "We know it is by GRACE we are saved, AFTER ALL WE CAN DO."  I can't afford not to put my all into this awesome and totally rewarding work.  It is the only intelligent thing to do to work harder than ever. 

Not much to report on this week.  We had a leadership training meeting in Fort Collins on Thursday, and Elder Anderson tore it up in our area while I was gone.  I got to see Elder Washburn, and man he's such a stud.  I love that guy.  I'm so thankful for my trainer.  This will be my last week as senior companion this transfer because part of training is letting the trainee be senior companion.  So the next time I'll be senior companion in an email that I send will be in a new area.  Crazy.  I got to see one of our ward missionaries swear into the Air National Guard.  That was sweet.  Missionary work is awesome.  There is no way around that.  I have figured out lately that there's no point in being out here if we're not going to be happy. Happiness is a crazy thing.  I think Heavenly Father blesses us with it at the weirdest times in our lives--the times when we feel like we shouldn't be happy at all because we're tired, or there's no success, or whatever.  But we're happy.  I know that only the gospel can provide such a happiness. 

We got pulled to give Sacrament Meeting talks this Sunday 3 minutes before it started.  I gave my talk on the atonement.  There's no way around the atonement.  It is the center of everything we believe.  Our faith is centered on Jesus Christ and his Atonement.  When we exercise faith that we will change, we will repent, or somebody else will do the same, we are completely and fully putting trust, faith, and hope in the Atonement of our Savior and Redeemer of our souls. How can we fail when the Savior of all, the man who commited no sin, the perfect, and perfectly loving Brother that we all have is standing by our sides?  We cannot, and we will not--if we put our faith in him.  Like Nephi says: we know that God is able to do all things for us, if we just exercise faith in Him;  "Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."  Recommit to do it.  Live by faith, walk by faith, and change by faith; others will do the same.  We all are on the path to our Father, and the only way we can get there is through Jesus Christ, our Mediator, our Lord, our Salvation.  Let us hold fast to His rod, and eat of the fruit He is so willing to give us--through his infinite, eternal, perfect atonement.  Let us love Him.  I love you all. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

Awesome Ward Missionaries:  Courtney and Sterling Law and their kids Graham and Maylee

No comments:

Post a Comment