"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, August 29, 2011

Whatever Week this is, It was an Interesting One

Hola Familia,

(Ya I've wanted to do that, Kenna you're not the only one that gets to talk in espanish hehe)

So this week was a very interesting one. We taught Kelly again, and she's just plain awesome, and ready to get baptized. She wants her husband Jake to confirm her. Only problem, he's still a priest, and not an active one at that. So our goal this week is to try and get him in with the bishop, and to try and get her to have him baptize her instead of confirm. But interesting story: Kelly and Jake Bingham invited us over for dinner, we eat monstrous T-bones and enjoy. Then right as we finish dinner, Jake gets a text and goes, "OOOOh crap!". The owner of the company he works for showed up at the store he manages. Jake had left early to be at the appointment with us, and the store wasn't in tip top shape. So he blazes out of there on his ridiculously huge motorcycle, and we are left on the front porch. Then Kelly being awesome says we can just teach her on the porch because we can't go in because Jake isn't there. So we teach the lesson, it's awesome, and Jake pulls up right as we're finishing. He doesn't say a word, and looks really down, and we felt sick because we thought he'd lost his job in showing up to our appointment. He thought he did too, but we talked to them two days after, and he kept his job because the owner likes him. He just got reprimanded. So he's been working nonstop now to compensate for his mistake, and we invited them to an EQ BBQ/softball game, and obviously he couldn't go. BUT Kelly showed up with Garret her son, and it was awesome. She met a ton of people, they fellowshipped her and were way nice to her, and it was just amazing to watch. She fits right in with the ward. Her son Garret, 9, is a stud too. We're teaching him along with her. They're just awesome people.

Also, on thursday, I was really sick. Like 101 degree fever, hurt to move, sore throat kind of sick. So Elder WAshburn was also pretty sick and we watched church movies all day at the house (I mostly slept while E Wash watched them). It was the worst day ever. It sucks not to work on a mission, you feel like crap. Working=happiness, and the key to missionary work as far as I've been able to tell.

We also taught another investigator named Fred Hurlburt who is investigating the church for his wife who is a member. He is a really intellectual guy, and we are just trying to get him to forget the intellectuality and feel the Spirit. REally, when it comes down to the nitty gritty, not everything has to make sense. When the Spirit testifies of truth, that's enough, and there is no need for rationalization or intellectual stuff.

Anyways, I don't have much time today, but I love you all and really miss you this week. Sunday was especially hard for me missing you guys and all that jazz. I love you forever, and I'll include my little asides to you guys each next week, no time today. Love you.

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment