"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, August 13, 2012

Still in the Good Old Cow Town, and I'm getting a Grandson!


Hey Family!

I'm still in Greeley.  Yes, I'm getting a new companion in an hour and a half.  His name is Elder Hernandez.  I've only met him a couple of times. It's interesting because he trained an elder that came out with me (so he trained the same time Elder Washburn trained me).  He also trained an elder at the same time I trained Elder Anderson.  I've respected him a lot every time I've met him at the trainers meetings.  He is a good missionary.  Elder Stanger is going to Broomfield for ten days to work in a ward down there, and will go home in 10 days. I'm going to miss him a lot.  He has taught me a lot and I've learned a ton from his example. Elder Anderson who was transferred to Aurora last transfer is now going to be training!!!! Which means, I will have a grandson in the mission, and Elder Washburn has a great grandson!  I'm so excited for him to train, and he's really nervous, but he'll do a phenomenal job.

I don't have a ton of time, but the work is still going well.  It was our last week in the Peakview Ward this last week, and it will be in good hands next transfer.  We will only be covering University Ward, which will be awesome!  I don't know if I told you yet, but Becky (who Elder Dodd and I were teaching before she went home for the summer in Littleton) is getting back on Wednesday.  She has been talking to Erica, her friend in the ward, and she has felt terribly for not going to church all summer.  That kind of stinks.  But what is awesome is she told Erica she hasn't missed ONE day of reading The Book of Mormon and praying! Wow! As of Wednesday, she was in Alma 44!  Awesome!  I'm so excited for her to get back, and I think she'll be baptized very soon.  Paul is still doing great!  He came to a baptism on Saturday, and we've been teaching him still.  We'll teach him again tonight, and he should be baptized a week from this Saturday!  He's full of faith.  He has some great fellowship, and I think the Institute is going to ask him to be the choir pianist.  Everybody loves him and his piano skills!

The zone is changing a lot this transfer.  Well, there should be  lot more to report this next week, but things are going great!  I'm excited for good things to happen, and I know the Lord will place us in the right situations and guide us to those who are searching for the gospel. The gospel is what brings true peace and true happiness.  I love it, and I love Christ.  He is our Savior! 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment