"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, October 17, 2011

We Baptized Fred, and Confirmed his bald Head




Hola Familia!
I've had a pretty dang awesome week. Much better than my last one too which is awesome. The weather was a little better this last week, but then today it started raining/snowing again. Dang Wyoming, make up your mind. I think the worst part about the weather here is the wind. But we all know that's because Idaho sucks and Nebraska blows :) At least that's what they say here. I miss you guys a ton, but this week has been so rewarding that I have just thanked Heavenly Father so much for everything that's happened.
First, Fred was baptized! Elder Washburn baptized him on Saturday and that was an awesome service, and Fred was just ready. After he came up out of the water he kind of just stood there for a minute, I don't think he wanted to leave. Then when he came back into the room, immediately he went to his wife and gave her a big hug and a kiss. He is such an awesome guy. On Sunday, I confirmed Fred. It was probably one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of my life, but while I was doing it I felt at peace and that I said what needed to be said. When Bishop was closing off the meeting he talked about how Fred told him in his meeting with him that morning, "How soon can I go to the temple and get sealed to Jessica?" Fred really does have his sights set on eternity. He was prepared and I feel so blessed we were able to be a part of his conversion. Elder Washburn ordained him as a priest in priesthood meeting yesterday. It was just an awesome day....
Until it got better!!!!!!!!! We met with Todd after church. We brought Bishop Brown with us, and we taught the last part of lesson 3: baptism, holy ghost, and enduring to the end. After that, I said, "Todd, you have committed to live everything we've asked you to. You know it's true. Then I read the scripture in Mosiah 18 that says basically if you're going to live everything, what do you have against being baptized?? So I asked him, what do you have against being baptized? (because up to this point we had asked him to be baptized on the 22nd but he kept saying we'll see, we'll see) He then thought about it and said, "I guess I don't have anything against it". Then I asked him, "So will you be baptized this Saturday?" Then Elder Washburn said, "I think the better question would be, what time do you want to get baptized on Saturday?" HAHA. He's getting baptized at 4 on Saturday, and we're so completely stoked out of our minds!! I think I'm more excited about this one than any of the other ones because I feel like we've done the most with Todd, we've helped him progress, and we've really worked hard at getting him to find his answers.
Also in the news, we got a new investigator this week named Gregg Bailey. He was a potential that Elder Washburn taught lesson 1 to before I got here, and he never set a return appointment. So we stopped by his house every now and again and he always said he was going to read the Book of Mormon but didn't. Well, we stopped by his house this week hoping to set a time we could teach him, and he ended up inviting us in and we talked with him for 2 hours!!!! It was awesome! We both felt like that lesson went awesomely and that we both said what needed to be said. We ended up just saying, to get your answer what do you have to do? And before we could even end that question he said "I need to read the book and see how it feels". He's awesome and we felt really great about how that lesson went. We have another lesson with him in a week. We also stopped by Genesis's house this week and set an appointment with her to teach her again, so now she's officially a new investigator too. It was just an awesome week.
As for Jess and Brian, she was working this week, so we have a lesson set up for this upcoming Sunday, which should be an awesome day after Todd has just been baptized and confirmed and we'll set Jess for baptism hopefully.
Well transfers are a week from today, and I'm thinking I'll stay here. We're even thinking Elder Washburn and I will be together for one more transfer. But who knows? We are moving from the house we're at now to a new one, so if you're going to send anything, send it through the mission office. We move on Saturday and I should get the new address on that day, so if you want to hold off sending anything until then, I don't know. I have been kind of having a drought on letters from people other than mom (which I love getting your letters mom). I know I'm not the best on writing back, but I'm working on it. I have been making progress on how many letters I have to write each p-day. So, keep them coming, because they always are nice to get and are a nice way to get my spirits up if I'm having a hard time. I love you all so much. Love this gospel with all your hearts because it is where we receive the most blessings. It's true, and I'm beginning to see how much of a profound effect it has on the lives of people who live it and change their lives because of it.

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan









No comments:

Post a Comment