"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, April 9, 2012

Hello From Cheyenne

Family,

Don't have a lot of time, so I'll be in Greeley serving in the University 1st Singles Branch.  This week was great, it was hard to say goodbye to people though.  I'll be in a truck, with Elder Dodd who is spanish-speaking.  It'll be awesome!  Here's my email to president:

"Well this week has been a crazy week. We went to the temple this week which was awesome, and we had a good time there. I love the temple, and it has helped me grow closer to God so much (both before my mission and during it).  I am very excited to be serving in Greeley.  And I think I'll be able to grow much more--but I guess every opportunity in the mission is an opportunity to grow much more.

This week we've been finalizing some things in the area, making sure that Elder Anderson is all set to take it over.  I'm really grateful Elder Samiu is coming into the area.  He'll bring a measure of love and of the Spirit that will greatly affect the work in this area.  I have loved my time here, and things should be happening soon where some investigators will be baptized. Rita is doing well, and we're just waiting for her to quit her job.  Jiselle had a blowup this week with her fellowshipper family, and we talked to her for a while.  She was just going to quit coming to church, and stop coming because she said "I don't expect you guys and the people at church to trust me. I'm not the same as you guys and I don't believe what you guys believe..." She is desperately in need of the gospel, and I bore my testimony to her telling her that the only way she'll find true happiness in life is through God and through the gospel.  She teared up and said "I know".  So I hope things will turn around there.  K'Neesha should get baptized soon and I hope that will go through.  I feel badly that we weren't able to get more work done, and covering another ward over the last two weeks has hindered the work in Buffalo Ridge, but I guess it's the same work, right?  We  weren't able to do a lot of tracting, but I know Elder Anderson and Elder Samiu will pick up the work.  I have loved serving around the people and the investigators, and growing in love and testimony.  It has been hard to say goodbye to people, but I know this transfer is what I need.

Thanks for being such a great example to me President.  I love serving with you, and I'm looking forward to this transfer. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan"



Love you guys,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment