"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, May 21, 2012

Still in the Farmhouse

Catherine getting baptized by Sam!!!
Hey Family!

So we're still in the farmhouse probably until July 15th or so.  Elder Dodd is leaving though.  That was a huge surprise!  We found out on Saturday after the baptism.  He's getting transferred to the Denver North Zone to be a zone leader there.  Guess who the new Assistant to the President is? ELDER WASHBURN!  What a beast!  I'm so excited.  We'll get to go on an exchange this transfer! It's going to be crazy!  So I'm staying in Greeley, and my new companion will be Elder Stanger.  I'll meet him in a couple of hours.  Apparently he's really musically talented--especially on the guitar. Everyone I've talked to loves him, so it should be great.

Catherine's Baptism!  It was awesome.  Everything was great!  Sam baptized her and did a wonderful job, and it was just cool to see.  Afterwards she felt great, whereas before the baptism she was nervous and kind of freaking out.  It's amazing what peace the gospel can bring us.  She had several friends come that were Catholic, and it was cool to be able to talk to them and see them watch the baptism.  I think it was a neat experience for them.  I got to confirm her on Sunday and it was an awesome experience as usual.  It was cool to see what my thoughts were as I was confirming her.  I think her relationship with our Heavenly Father is strong, and so much stronger than it used to be. Afterwards she said this weekend was awesome!  It really was.

So Kaleb Cook we taught for the first time on Monday, and he is just so ready to be baptized.  It is awesome to see someone who has waited their whole life to be baptized, and now will finally get the opportunity to do so.  He read the scriptures after our lesson, and is having all of the memories and knowledge of the gospel come back to him now that he's really searching for it again.  The only problem will be getting him to church.  He's had family in town over the last little while, and it's hard getting him to come with them there.  We also taught a guy named Caleb Alipio, who we tracted into a few weeks ago.  He is a believer in Christ, but doesn't believe in one true church.  He believes there's really no right and wrong but it's only about your relationship with Jesus.  He's a really great guy who has a sincere desire to learn about the gospel, and it's awesome being able to teach him.  We taught him a little bit about the restoration and then he had to go, but he set up his own return appointment, and really wants to keep meeting with us.  The tender mercies the Lord gives us are awesome.

Greeley is doing awesome, and I'm excited for this transfer.  Elder Dodd and I have made some sweet changes here, and things should be going great.  We're going to be picking up the Peakview Ward which is on fire, and we're stoked for that blessing.  Things do slow down a little bit for the summer, and I think we'll go back to just University after the summer.  Greeley is awesome and I'm so grateful and humbled to be able to be here and doing the Lord's work.  I was reminded this week of the responsibility we all have to be the captains of our lives.  We don't necessarily have control over everything that happens to us, but we do have control over how we respond.  Our attitude, our outlook, and our emotions are within our control, and when we feel that we are going through challenging times that don't seem to be positive at all, we have the right and the responsibility to respond with positivity, with happiness, and with peace of heart and mind.  There are times when we let our emotions or our attitudes be in control, but through the peace that the Comforter gives us, we can once again be the masters of our lives.  Self-mastery is one of the greatest achievements, but also one of the hardest.  We can only come to ourselves in this way through the Master of our salvation. How great it is to be in His service.  I love it.

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment