"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference was AMAZING


Elder Diaz and Me in the Car!
Well my Awesome Family,

I loved General Conference!

Dallin, you're going to be such an amazing missionary--whether at 18 or 19, I know you'll be the best missionary I know. There are going to be so many blessings from this new announcement and age change. I am so excited to see it happen.

This week was a good one, but also a hard one.  It's ok though, because the good days wouldn't be as good without the hard days.  I feel like we were definitely guided this week.  I have been discouraged at the end of each week looking back and seeing the key indicators as low numbers and lots of zeros.  I made a commitment to Elder Diaz that we wouldn't have another week where we get less than 20 lessons. I'll commit to you as well. I have a strong testimony that when we do that, and are working hard and teaching, miracles happen.  Elder Washburn and I saw it happen in Buffalo Ridge; we saw many baptisms come from just simply going out and working.  And it is then that the Holy Ghost becomes our guide, when we put forth our faith and exercise it everyday in order to receive conversion every day of our lives.  I loved General Conference.  For some reason President Eyring's talk from Priesthood Session inspired me almost more than any other.  I loved what he said about seeking the Lord's guidance to recognize and discern the spiritual gifts that have been given to those who we have stewardship over.  He will let us know, and at that point, we can build them up and help them get a vision of who they can become.

The work this week was alright as far as what happened in Red Leaf.  There WILL be miracles that happen this week.  I fasted the past two Sundays for guidance in General Conference and also for the missionary work here.  I truly believe and know that miracles are going to happen.  We have such a solid day lined up today.  We are having dinner with ward missionaries, then we are having Family Home Evening with a Part Member Family where we are going to boldly invite the nonmember wife to be baptized, and we are meeting with a referral/investigator that we were given from Longmont with our ward mission leader, and we are going to invite her to be baptized as well.  I know the Lord is guiding the work.  We met this past week with Katey and Ray, a Part-Member family as well.  It wasn't the greatest lesson in the world, but I think she will be baptized as soon as she has her baby, which is at the end of the month.  I know the Lord will help that happen as well.  We also met with a 17 year-old investigator, Dylan.  He wants to be baptized, we just need to get him some active YM fellowship.  There has been a recent convert that is 17 that has gone inactive already in just 3 months.  The ward is a little gun-shy about baptizing YM now, but I think if the ward gets involved, and if we make sure they get involved, then that miracle willl happen as well.  We have lined up to meet this week with another part-member family where they have unbaptized children, and I strongly feel we will be able to see those kids get baptized as well.  There are miracles that are waiting to happen, and I think they were waiting for me to develop enough faith and drive.  I have it, and I feel like I am truly going to become the best missionary I can be at this point in my mission.  I can feel the Lord helping me to give my "whole soul."  It hasn't been easy, and I feel like I've failed at it previously at points in my mission.  But it is worth it, and I'm not going to let it slip.  I love this work.  I love it with all my heart and I know it to be completely true.

I know the Gospel and Church are God's kingdom and doctrine once again restored to the earth.  It's amazing.  It's because He loves us.  If we can just let our faith work in us and be grafted to our souls, we can become converted and truthfully respond to the question from our Savior, "Do you love me?" with a resounding and unshakeable yes.  IT is our gift to give, the only one we truly have to be able to give.  Let us give it fully and completely--with our whole souls.  He will help us, He will make up the difference.  He "will never forsake" us.

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment