"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, October 15, 2012

Semana de Milagros


Well my family,

My how my testimony has grown of committing ourselves to the Lord and His work.

So last week I told you we were committing to get 20 lessons every week. It happened this week, we had 15 going into Sunday and then we taught 5 lessons yesterday, and it was great!  Every day we have seen miracles this week. Day after day they came.

Tuesday--we contacted Alene, the teaching record we had received from the elders in Longmont. We taught her and she was so humble and accepted to be baptized in the beginning of November. She also said she wanted to do this as a family--she has a 19 year-old son and an 18 year-old daughter.

Wednesday--We had a pretty good day full of setting up a booth at the community college and talking to a ton of people--a few of which were prepared which was awesome! (One of them was Lakthong who we just taught about 10 minutes ago.) (Another was a guy named Ian who I talked to for a long time and he told me how he knew God was forgiving, but he still felt sometimes he questioned if God could forgive him of some of his past.  I testified of the atonement and of baptism, and he accepted willingly and enthusiastically to be baptized!  We referred him to the zone leaders in the Denver North Zone where he lives).  We had to run home to grab my suit because we had a meeting that night with the Stake President, and when we pulled up to our house, there was a guy sitting alone on a bench at the park across the street.  I felt impressed to go talk with him, and we did, and asked if we could teach him a lesson that would help him, and he told us we could.  His name is Cody, he just moved here a couple of months ago from Indiana starting life over. His little brother died at the age of 2 years old, and that has been hard for him. We tuaght him the restoration and also a little bit of the plan of salvation. We asked what he would be willing to do to make sure he could live with his little brother in heaven again.  He said he would do anything, and we invited him to be baptized, and he willingly accepted!

Thursday--I was on exchanges with Elder Washburn, so Elder McKay and Elder Diaz were in our area and were able to teach a hispanic guy named Pedro and set up a return appointment with him, and it was a miracle.  Also a little miracle and tender mercy for me was to be able to work for a few hours on campus in Greeley with Elder Hernandez again in the middle of my exchange with Elder Washburn--Long story, but tender mercy.  I got to see Sam Munson, it was great!

Friday--It was a long day, and at 8 at night we tried a part member family that we had tried the last 2 weeks to visit, and they let us in, and the mom and brother aren't members. Crystal and Anthony Musso. We taught them and they committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and about  coming to church and taking the sacrament.  Random lesson, but it was good and we were able to teach them and invite the spirit into their home in a chaotic time for them.

Saturday--We were able to stop by the Martins for a short time and share with them some lessons learned from General Conference. They were kind to us, and invited us back to teach them the next day. We also had dinner with Rachel and Eric Mills, the family we ran into by accident when we had the wrong address for dinner. They are great, and I think eventually they will progress

Sunday--Great day at church, and we were able to teach the Martins again which was miraculous in that Katey's concerns came out and we strengthened our relationship and our trust with them. The night before, Katey had stayed up all night basically reading every conference talk because she couldn't sleep because she's pregnant. If we wouldn't have stopped by the night before, she wouldn't have done that. IT was a great lesson. We also taught Alene again, but this time with her two kids!  Paul is her son, and he really wants to come to church and learn and progress as a family.  Her daughter Shantele is not so gung-ho, but they both agreed to try it out and let us teach them as a family. It was awesome!

So all in all, we taught 20 lessons, and found 6 new investigators to teach this week!  It was an amazing week. I KNOW the Lord is watchful and loves us and knows us. I know that this is His work. He is just waiting for us to sacrifice our will to achieve his.  He loves His children, and we need to love them as well. I am finally beginning to learn how to be successful out here.  I need to truly and completely and deeply "forget myself and go to work."  It's incredible and awe-inspiring and testimony-building to see what Heavenly Father can do and how much He can bless us.  It's amazing to see in myself and in others conversion taking place in our lives.  It happens, we just have to work at it and let it work in us.  I LOVE the gospel.  It is SO true.  God IS a God of Miracles. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment