"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, October 29, 2012

QUICKIE


Don't have much time, here's my short email to president:
 
"Hey President!
 
I wanted to express thanks this week to you for being in tune with the Spirit to bless me with Elder Diaz as a companion. I am very grateful to him for the things he teaches me and just how teachable he is. It was great to have him here while Elder C-Breezy was going through things, because he didn't ask any questions at all, and he just goes with things. I also have learned from him the importance of record keeping. You'd think I would have learned this more in the beginning of my mission, and I didn't totally blow it off, but he has taught me so much about records. One of the biggest ways we've been able to win back the trust of the Red Leaf Ward has been through our progress records which are always neat and clean and thorough. Elder Diaz has truly been able to teach me that this is a part of the work that we do--and it's not secondary in any way.
 
We were able to teach 20 lessons again this week! I know the Lord helps us so much as we try to do so, and we see the blessings that come. We have taught 20 lessons consistently the last 3 weeks, and we have found more than 3 new investigators each of these weeks. We have been able to establish more trust and let the ward know that we work hard and are able to do a lot of work each day. Yesterday our Ward Mission Leader told us to keep up the good work and that he's heard nothing but good from the members about us. He says the ward council loves us, and just yesterday Elder Washburn told us the Relief Society president likes us as well, which I wasn't sure she did. Things are going well.
 
We were able to see miracles happen this week. The number one miracle being our bishop's wife talking to and setting up the Busch family to meet with us again. And not only that, but to set them to be baptized. We also met with them today and they are set to be baptized on Nov 17. Our bishop's wife is amazing, and it just is a testimony to me of the power in missionary work that the members hold."
 
I love you family. I love the work. 

Love, 
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment