"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, November 12, 2012

First Week

At the Denver Temple for the Hurlburt's Sealing!!!
My Familia!

This week was a little crazy, but good.  I don't have a ton of time, but we taught Anya this week. We invited her to pray about being baptized before she leaves, and she said she would. The Spirit was very strong in the lesson. She's leaving on Thursday, and won't be baptized before she leaves. We hadn't been able to get a hold of Beth until on Saturday after Elder McKay had texted her about coming to church, she texted us back that she needed time to think and pray about things. Her parents are very against the church, and her dad was a Lutheran minister. I think she's getting opposition from her parents. We're hoping and praying she will receive the strength to get through this and do what she knows is right. We haven't been able to teach Travis or Lloyd again. Hopefully this week we will.

As part of this whole deelio, we go on 11 exchanges each transfer. One with each of the zone leader companionships. Elder McKay takes the senior zone leader into our area, and I go to the zone leaders' area with the junior zone leader. So I went on an exchange with Boulder last week, and this week I'll be going on exchanges with Westminster and Greeley (my two old areas!). It's pretty sweet, but also crazy because I'm gone for almost two weeks of the transfer and I don't get to know the area as well, or the ward as well.  It will be good though. We meet with President at least once a week for a District Meeting with just us and him. We also meet with him before big meetings we have. This past week we had ZLCs, so we had to give trainings at that, and then this week we have 2 Leadership Training Meetings, and a Trainers' Meeting. Then in 2 weeks we have 4 Zone Conferences. So logistically, things are kind of crazy, but it will help me to learn and grow so much. 

As probably the highlight of the week, on Saturday morning at around 11 AM Elder Washburn and his companion, Elder McKay, and I got to be in the Denver Temple and witness the sealing of Fred and Jessica Hurlburt. It was such a blessing to be able to see that and see Fred and Jessica so happy and making the greatest decision of their lives. It was so cool to see many of the people I was able to develop such great friendships with. Bishop Ross and Sister Ross from the Buffalo Ridge ward took us down to the temple. I have a picture of us missionaries in front of the temple. It was so cool. I love the gospel! It's amazing! How marvelous to see people enter into that strait and narrow gate which leads to eternal life. We as the gatekeepers must take seriously and solemnly the responsibility to invite all to enter therein. It is a calling that nothing can replace. It is rewarding beyond anything else. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

Veteran's Day Lunch and Fun at the Kaiser's Home!


Bowling with Kaisers and Friends




No comments:

Post a Comment