"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving!


Mis Paisas! Como estan?

Sounds like ya'll are doing awesome! Man I am inspired every time I read about the experiences on the brigadas. I look forward to being able to have little mini missions every once in a while in the future when this mission is done--not that I'm thinking about that :D

So this week was crazy. Monday, Beth bailed on our appointment and we have literally had no contact with her at all. We've left a couple of notes on her door, and each time we've gone back, they're gone, but she has not gotten back to us at all, and we are worried about her. Yesterday we went by Jennifer's house and she came out to meet us. She told us that she had been thinking of us all week, and that her mom had come into town for Thanksgiving and had hurt herself, and needed to go to the airport to drop her off in 20 minutes and things were crazy. But she was really nice and seemed very interested still. I'm praying things will go well in our return appointment on Saturday. I am kind of disappointed I won't be there because I'll be on an exchange, but the Lord knows how to work everything out. We met with Jennifer Murray and her daughter Joy again yesterday. Jennifer Murray is a returned missionary that somehow Elder Washburn found when he was here, and has been wanting to get back into church. Her daughter Joy is super awesome too, she's 11 and half Tongan and is a noble child. We had committed them last week to read the Book of Mormon every day as a family. Yesterday they told us they had read it EVERY day. Joy had even been at her grandma's house several days, and made sure to read it with her grandma too. Jennifer's husband isn't a member, so we really want to be able to teach them as a family, especially with a returned missionary wife and an awesome daughter (who is from a previous marriage of Jennifer's). But, he's been too shy and afraid that he'd be too welcome in our appointments or at church. Somehow we have to find a way to meet with him too. I think there would be a lot of success there.

This week we have Zone Conferences from 9-4 tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Then on Saturday I'm going on an exchange. So this week is going to be crazy and we're going to have to trust that the Lord will make up the difference in our work. I don't have much time at all, but I love this so much. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary--a set apart representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Lord Jesus Christ who stands at its head. What a marvelous blessing. To be endowed with power on high and live every day as a servant and minister of the Lord is happiness. It is fulfillment. It is a manifestation of the miracle of the atonement and the Love of God. How He loves His children. I love Him. In this season and in all, let Him in. 

Love, 
Elder Logan Bryan


Taking cookies to the Kaiser Family
Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip!

Fun at Kaiser's

No comments:

Post a Comment