"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, December 3, 2012

Zone Conference Week (aka Miracle Week)

My Wonderful Family!

I love you so much! Man, for some reason I've really been missing you guys a lot lately. Probably because it's Christmas time, but I love you all tons.

My heart hurts knowing that Kenna will be coming home in just 2 weeks. How hard that will be for her. And how hard it will be for me. I cannot express or put into words that will do justice to how much I have grown because of the influence and example of my angel sister. She truly knows the meaning of Charity. She knows the meaning of the scripture: "He that loseth his life for My sake, shall find it." She knows what it means to "have chosen the better part". And when all is said and done, I know with all my heart that the Master will look upon her selfless dedicated service and sacrifice and say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." I love you Kenna!

This week was good. I have felt the meaning of "missing the mark" as I have trained and realized how mistaken I have been in choosing what to train the elders and sisters on, and how to do it. The Lord really works by small and simple things, and I started off this week's Zone Conferences by giving a training that was not small and simple and missed the mark. Well, I think by Friday the Lord had shepherded me back to the small and simple things. How patient He is with us, and how patient President Toombs is with us.

This Saturday I was on an exchange in Fort Collins with Elder Kasten. He's a stellar missionary that I served around in Cheyenne. We had a great day--one of the best exchanges I've been on in a long time. At one point, we were heading into the institute in Fort Collins, and a girl was rollerblading behind it as we were walking by. She looked kind of unstable on them and told us she had just gotten them that day, and then kind of roller-stumbled on. I felt badly we hadn't invited her to listen to us or anything so I kind of called out to her if she had ever met with missionaries before. She hobbled back and told us she lived in Draper, Utah for 2 years in high school, but not really. She had never been to church and didn't even know she could come to church. Her name is Hallie, and she was very interested in coming and meeting with us--tender mercy! We also tried a potential investigator and when they weren't home, we decided to tract that building. So the last door of the building, a guy answered named Cody. He was a cool guy, kind of socially awkward, but nice. We talked to him for a while, and testified of the restoration of the gospel. We offered him a Book of Mormon, and he refused it. We testified again of the restoration, and asked some inspired questions; we then offered it to him again, he accepted saying, "Well I guess it couldn't hurt, right?" Then we asked him if he came to know it was true what that would mean. He said it had the potential to be life-altering. We then invited him to be baptized if he knew it was true. He said if he knew it, then he would. All on the doorstep! Man, the Lord is preparing many to receive the gospel.

Miracles in Broomfield 3rd: Roy Coleman, a guy Elder McKay and Elder Hernandez tracted into a couple weeks ago had read the Book of Mormon they gave him all the way through 2nd Nephi! He wants us to come back this week and teach him! Sis. Sakurada came up to us on Sunday asking about the gospel essentials class. I had never met her before and got to talking and she just got married two weeks ago to her nonmember husband who is very interested. He has been with her to church many times, but just wasn't there that day because he had to work. I talked about the plan of salvation and she said that's his main draw to the church. She said we could come by and talk to them this week! Last night, we were needing to find a new investigator and we knew it, and it was 8:10 at night and we were praying to know where to go. Elder McKay thought of a person he had tracted into a while ago, so we went to that place and knocked on the door he thought it was. Nobody answered, so we went to the next couple of doors over and the first we knocked on let us in. It's a man named Tyson and his wife Hayley. Tyson grew up in Pocatello and his dad is in the stake presidency there. Hayley is not a member and is very interested. We taught them about families and God's love. They want us to come back! MIRACLES!

I love the gospel. The Lord's work is His work, and He is the one who guides it. I love Him! 


Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment