"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, December 10, 2012

He Lives

My Family!

This week has been a pretty crazy week as well. I was in the area for Pday, then on Tuesday, I went on an exchange in Aurora. Wednesday, I was in the Denver North Zone (Thornton, Woodglenn area), and Thursday I was in Arvada. Friday we had ZLCs which was good. Man, President Toombs is such a good man. He is so guided by the Spirit and truly invites the Spirit to personally reveal many things to us as we listen to him teach with power and authority. He taught about planning, and it was honestly one of the best trainings I've had. He teaches with moral authority, having truly lived the principle himself. On Friday, we were going to exchange with Longmont, but they got sick, so we couldn't. Saturday, we did work, and also had the ward Christmas party which was good, and Elder McKay and I sang The First Noel in front of the ward (I was super nervous). The work went well this week, though. It was amazing.

First off, Roy Coleman. We taught him on Saturday and brought Bishop Reed with us. They hit it off super well--Roy is a software engineer for an aerospace company (Lockheed-Martin) and bishop is literally a rocket scientist for Ball Aerospace. Roy had read 1, 2, and 3 Nephi and invited us in and we had a really good lesson with him. He wanted to know about how the Nephites tied in with the 12 tribes of Israel and such, and we told him we would explain the origin of the Book of Mormon first. So we taught the Restoration. It went really well, and he literally disputed nothing. He agreed with everything and has a very strong testimony of personal revelation. It ended by us challenging him to read the Book of Mormon, but more importantly gain a testimony of it. He said he would. He told us to give him a month to read it, then we could get in contact. Bishop asked if it would be alright if we just stopped by in between now and then, and Roy said it would. I think he is awesome and will be a fantastic member of the church. I really think he'll progress!

Elder McKay while we were on exchanges, went with another missionary to go meet Bro Sakurada. He said he was super friendly and told them he loves the church, and is really thinking about becoming a member, the only real question is just, "When?". They asked if they could come by and teach him, and he kind of shied away from it and said he was super busy right now with the holiday season (he runs a movie theatre), but afterwards would definitely be reaching out to us and looking to join! So good potential there. 

Tyson and Haley! So Elder McKay taught them while I was on exchanges. They taught the gospel of Jesus Christ, and apparently Haley thought they were being a little pushy when they set her for baptism, but she told them, whenever you say the word baptism, I feel this swelling in my heart! Wow, talk about the Spirit working hard on her. They invited them to the Christmas party on Saturday, and they said they would try to make it. We planned to go over to their house so they could follow us over if they were coming. We were hoping they would come, but weren't sure. We got there and they opened the door and said, we aren't quite ready yet, give us a few minutes. So they came!!! And had a great time and were fellowshipped marvelously. It was awesome. They said they were going to try to make it on Sunday, but they didn't come. We'll probably go over in the next day or two.

Well, I don't have much time at all, but I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of they that publish good tidings. Somehow my feet have been placed in the midst of so many of God's chosen servants, and have become those that carry the message of the restored gospel. How beautiful I feel to be able to have this amazing blessing and opportunity to represent Christ--the One who set the example and bought our salvation with an infinite price. I love Him. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment