"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, December 31, 2012

Feliz Navidad

My Mission Posterity--Elders Anderson, Aguayo, and Guymon
Hola Familia,

This Christmas was great. I loved being able to talk to you, man I miss you guys, but I don't want to come home. We had like 3 breakfasts Christmas morning. You spoiled me way too much.

This week, we were able to do some work. It was awesome. A family in our ward got together some Christmas gifts and a care package and basket for Tyson and Haley last Sunday, and we delivered it with them, and that was awesome. Then we went over this week, and they were ok with us teaching a lesson. So we taught about prayer. It was a good lesson--a little long, but pretty dang good, and we asked Haley to say a prayer at the end. It was cool to have her step outside of her comfort zone, but the prayers need some work.  Then we went over yesterday with one of the young women in the ward and taught them about the scriptures, and they just weren't feeling it. I tried to testify and share my personal experiences, but I hope it helped them. We're working slowly with them, and it's cool their hearts have been softened by the good works and service of the members in the ward. Tender mercies!

We found 2 new investigators this week. It was pretty cool. The first's name was Daniel. He was a potential Elder McKay had found a while back, and we stopped in and he allowed us to teach him. We did some How to Begin Teaching and invited him to be baptized, and he accepted! That was pretty cool. The other one I wasn't there for, but Elder McKay and another missionary taught this lady named Nicole. Things are going well. Elder McKay and I have committed to have a baptism in January so I've fasted and will continue to pray and fast for that. It will happen!

I know the gospel is true. It's amazing how many times you can be taught something and not understand it until years of being taught. I am just starting to see the purpose and blessing behind goal setting and planning. It may seem like a secular subject, but it is far from it. It is one of the most spiritual things we could ever do. There is no intelligent accomplishment until thought is linked with purpose--and that is what goal setting and planning does. It needs to be coupled with the Spirit for success. It's an amazing blessing, and a Godly attribute (just look at the creation). How much of a blessing the mission is. I love it. I love my Savior! He lives! 


Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

Me and Elder Diaz (who is standing on a step!)
Westminster Zone at the Ice Skating Rink!

Elder McKay and Me at the Ice Skating Rink

No comments:

Post a Comment