"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, December 24, 2012

We get to talk TOMORROW!!!!


Crazy Christmas lights by our House!

Alright. So I will be calling at around 11:30. The phone number I'll be calling from is my number. It's weird to have my own cell phone instead of having a companionship phone, but such is the way of being an assistant, I guess. When you call and get my voicemail it says, "Hello, you've reached Elder Bryan, A Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..." instead of "Hi you've reached the missionaries for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Elder so and so and Elder Whatchamacallit". Strange. So I don't have a ton of time to tell you what's going on in the area. I got pretty sick on Saturday, and was pretty bad yesterday too. Today is a ton better, so I'm grateful for that. I know that that has a lot to do with your prayers and love. Thank you. 

Elder McKay and I had a pretty cool experience this week. We got some inspiration through some discussion with a lady in the Relief Society presidency, actually Sis. Kaiser's mom. On Wednesday, we decided to go to some churches in the area and ask if we could sing/play "Sweet Little Jesus Boy" for their services or something. So we went to a Baptist church first, and no luck. We later on went to a Presbyterian church, and they were about to have choir practice. The director, a cute little old lady from Europe, was super nice and was so excited that we wanted to sing for them, so she had us perform it for their choir. Pretty cool, several people were in tears. On the Presbyterian church property, there is another building that the Anglican church rents from the Presbyterians. On our way out of performing for the choir, we saw several people in that building singing/playing guitar, and we decided it was worth a shot. So we walked in and a lady asked if she could help us. We asked if we could listen to them. She told us we could, and went around organizing things and it looked like she was setting up the place for something. We asked if we could help her out, and then she started talking with us. It turns out, they were practicing for their Church dinner/Christmas party, and setting up for it. It was going to be on Friday night. We started talking to her and told her that we had been trying to do this song for as many people as we could, and if it was possible, we'd love to do it for their party. She told us that her husband, one of the guys singing, was in charge, and she could ask him. So he came over to us and basically said we could do a try-out. So we did it for them, and everyone else when we finished, clapped and said "Add them to the program", but he was still hesitant. He told us the only reason he was hesitant is that he knew we had doctrinal differences, but he said the song was about Christ, and he could "probably make this happen". He told us he'd text us the next day and let us know for sure. We got a text the next day telling us to come and sing on Friday!  So we showed up for dinner, and ended up sitting next to the two ministers. They were nice, one of them started disputing a little doctrine, but the other one was one of the nicest guys ever. We ended up talking to him for 30 minutes after everything was over, and we tried to develop some interfaith friendship and future service connections. We performed during the musical program and everybody loved it. Several people came to us afterwards and told us how much they loved the song. I know it softened people's hearts to the LDS church and missionaries. It was such a neat experience. The Lord is always helping us. 

I don't have much time, but I know Christ lives. He is our Savior. I am so grateful to think I get to represent Him at this most wonderful time of year, and for these years of my life. I love Him so much. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

Opening up the Kaiser's Christmas gifts to us...



Mustaches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment