"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, March 11, 2013

Broadlands

Well My Family,

This week has been hectic, crazy, trying, and tiring. I'm a little sick right now, but hopefully I'm on the up-swing. Monday we picked up 24 missionaries from the airport. Crazy! Next transfer we're getting 28 missionaries, and only 2 are going home! We picked the new missionaries up on Monday and took them to the mission office. What a stellar group. We had 9 sisters come in on Monday, and next transfer we're getting 11 more! Monday night we drove 4 sisters and 2 elders to Loveland and Greeley in our 12 passenger van and trailer! Never thought I'd drive one of those! (Luckily I didn't have to drive it, Elder Young did).

A lot of the week was getting things done. We've had some stuff that we had to get done in the office lately, but luckily most of it is done.

We met a lot of the ward leaders this week, and have been trying to win them over and develop a good relationship with them so we can gain trust and succeed in this ward. Bishop Esplin is a wonderful man, very humble, and told us that we can yell at him or keep him on track! What a cool guy, and we would never do that! Our WML is brand new and is an awesome guy too. His name is Bro. Rennaker. He's a dentist. We probably have 7-10 dentists in our ward. Broadlands Ward is in my opinion (without a doubt) the wealthiest ward in our mission. It's going to be fun taking you back here and showing you these mansions! Crazy stuff. The highlight of the week was last night. We had been trying a guy in the ward who is less active all week, named Jeff Worlton. He is from the Springs, and is such a great guy. Last night, we finally caught him. He has two kids, Keaton (10) and Kennedy (7). They aren't baptized, and are the coolest, greatest, well-behaved kids ever. I already love them and barely know them. Jeff just told us he's been out of the habit of being active. His parents got divorced when he was a teenager, and that shook his world, and he hasn't been very active since. But he knows the church is true, and he wants his kids to have the values and morals and knowledge the church provides. We asked him if we could teach his kids, if that was something he would like. He then responded, "Yeah definitely, and I think that's something that THEY would like too." At the end of our lesson about doing the basics--scripture study, prayer, and church--Keaton asked quietly to his dad, "Can they come back?" How cool to see the humility and receptiveness to the Spirit of a wonderful young child of God. What a blessing. Elder Young and I are going to work hard, and we're going to baptize Keaton, and reactivate Jeff, and eventually baptize his wife who is not a member either. What a blessing and privilege. I love this Gospel.

The marvelous miracles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are all around us. We need not overcomplicate the Gospel or the church by making them out to be an important part of our lives. That is a serious error on our parts. The Gospel IS our lives. It is that simple. This wasn't intended to be a cool program  to implement on earth to be happy or make friends. This is life eternal. This is God's work and His glory. This is the "power of God unto the convincing of men", "the power of God unto salvation". What a blessing. The atonement of Jesus Christ is the most immense blessing and power that we can use in our lives. We cannot become better, become good, or become perfect without it. I love it. With all my heart, I would echo the words of one of my gospel heroes, "seek this Jesus". 

I love you,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment