"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Thursday, March 7, 2013

Not Much Time

Dinner at the Kaiser's before we got transferred to the Broadlands Ward


Hola mi Familia Linda! 

Sorry I'm sending this on Thursday!  I wrote part of it on Monday and part today.

This week was pretty awesome!  We taught Michelle on Wednesday and again on Saturday. Saturday's lesson was amazing!  We taught her at the Kaisers and it was one of the best lessons I've had in a long time.  We had Elder Gin with us, an Australian Elder that we were taking to the airport that day.  We taught Michelle the first lesson,  The restoration of the gospel.  It was amazing.  We taught her about prophets and authority and apostasy, and then she asked (after Elder Young had compared the ancient church/gospel to a glass table held up by 12 legs[apostles] and crashed and broke when the apostles were killed off, and there needed to be a restoration to the table), "Well how can I know that the church now IS really the whole table with everything in it?"  What an inspired question!  She is so prepared, and Sis Kaiser the whole time, looked astounded at the searching questions Michelle was asking.  It was a phenomenal lesson, and Michelle agreed to be baptized on March 31st. What a blessing!

Elder Young and I are doing well, it's been a crazy transition--and a very hard one--but we're doing well.  We're excited to gain the trust of the Broadlands ward and see miracles happen. We're going to have 4 baptisms together--we've already decided and set a goal, and the ward's goal for the year is 5.  I know the Lord wants many of the children that he's already preparing to be baptized here in this ward. 

I love the gospel and the privilege to stand as a witness of Jesus Christ every day. What a miracle!

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan                                   
Dessert First!!!
Bundt Cake my family sent the Kaisers
Yummy dinner--appetizer with crab meat and mango, green salad, fruit salad, green beans, potatoes, steak and bread.
Shane drew owls for each of us to wear in honor of my funny quote a few week's back, “If you want to be 'in' you gotta get an owl tattoo.”  I meant to say owl tie--but it came out tattoo!
Sporting our tattoos
My owl tattoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment