"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, February 25, 2013

My Week

Me and Elder Young

Hola Familia!

This week was pretty good. I'm feeling a lot better than I did last week. My migraine is gone, along with other minor health problems. I've felt pretty good this last week. We had Zone Conference on Tuesday which was awesome!  I'll have to share with you my notes on these past Zone Conferences when I get home. 

Well, it's true. The mission is splitting. President Toombs had known for a few weeks, and we were the first missionaries to find out. We knew last Sunday, the 17th. It's crazy. The Fort Collins mission will consist of the following stakes/zones: Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, Greeley, Ft. Collins, Cheyenne, and Laramie. The new Denver North Mission will have the following stakes/zones: Westminster, Arvada, Denver North, Aurora, Arapahoe, Denver (metro), and Parker. We pick up 2 stakes from the South mission and 1 from Springs mission. It will be effective July 1st.  7 days before I go home. President Toombs made the announcement to the zone leaders on Friday. It's been nuts!  I'll know more about us preparing the way for the new mission and the new Ft. Collins mission president, President Kelly Brown (please pray for him). 15 months of my mission have been spent in what will now be the Ft. Collins mission!

So this week was full of exchanges and Zone Conference, but the highlight of my week was yesterday evening. It blizzarded yesterday so we couldn't drive our car, but that night we called Cody Engstrom, a YM who has his mission call to Brazil to come out with us. We went to visit Michelle (her son is named Matthew). She let us in, and we talked with her. We asked if she could ask God anything, what would she ask him? She told us she would ask why she has cancer and why she can't have children right now because the greatest gift she can give God is more children. She broke down with a few tears, and we testified of the atonement and of God's love for her. She was at a very low point of her life, but we testified and we are meeting with her tonight again. I could really feel God's love for her as we taught her, and I know she will progress. Pray for Michelle and her son Matthew. 

I love my mission.  I love promising people blessings in the name of Jesus Christ. I love representing Him.  I love the glad tidings and joy that the Gospel brings. My testimony echoes that of Jeffrey R. Holland (I have memorized this quote from his last talk, and used it while we trained at Zone Conference):  "Ours is not a feeble message; it is not a fleeting task.  It is not hapless.  It is not hopeless.  It is not to be consigned to the ash-heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God and it is to change the world."  This is the work of Almighty God.  He is my Father and He has chosen me to aid in His wonderful work and glory to literally change the world.  The work is hastening.  It is clear.  I have such a marvelous blessing to be part of it.  I love you. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan



No comments:

Post a Comment