"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, February 11, 2013

What a Week

Well family, I don't have much time. Let me give you a quick update:

1) The traveling stuff is being toned down. We aren't going to be traveling as much. We are going to be doing things as the Zone Leaders request us to. It's going to be good, and we'll be able to work more in our area. I want to get this area going. 

2) Elder Young and I are doing great. It's going to be a good learning transfer. I feel so inadequate all the time. I feel like a poor example all the time. I feel like I'm missing something or lacking something. I know I need to rely more on the Atonement and become better. I know I need to quit focusing on myself, my inadequacies, my failures, and I need to focus outside of myself--focus on my brothers and sisters. I need to be in the scriptures more and know them more and memorize them more. I have a very, very long way to go. But it's possible. And, it's fulfilling and enjoyable and happy.

3) We have Zone Conferences this week. We won't be preparing notes or a talk or anything, but President Toombs, Elder Young, and I will all together be standing and teaching from our hearts on: obedience, finding, contacting, teaching, and inviting. Pray for us :D

4) There were cool experiences this week. Sandy is dropping off slowly...it's sad. We're praying for her and trying to get her to come to church. She has excuses, and life IS hard for her medically, but I know the gospel will bless her. It's so close to having her accept the gospel. Chad has dropped off the face of the earth. I haven't seen him in a while. We've dropped by a few times in the last week or two. We're trying to build up a teaching pool. I know it will happen. We tracted into this lady named Michelle, and she was sleeping and her cool young son answered the door and said his mom was sleeping, and then shut it. A few seconds later he opened it again and said his mom was woken up and we talked to her and she was so nice and my heart just swelled for her as a single mom with Matthew as a son, and she said we could come back on the weekends in the morning. I really hope it goes well. 

I know this gospel is true. This work is the best I've ever done in my life. I love it. I know it's right. I know it's inspired. Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment