"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 1 is Done


My Wonderful Family,

This week has been a good, crazy week. The usual. What a wonderful experience it was to be able to pick up those wonderful, prepared, noble missionaries from the airport and how reversed I think the roles are. Somehow they all instinctively look at Elder Young and I and look up to us, but I am the one who is truly looking up to them and their valor and courage and consecration. It's awesome!

We had 3 exchanges this week--I know, crazy! The first week, we almost never do that many exchanges. But, since this transfer is only a 5 week transfer and ends on March 3rd, we are going to have to push everything into a really short timetable. We have 4 zone conferences this transfer too, so that takes some time out of our weeks. We are driving to Laramie tonight, then to Cheyenne tomorrow, then to Ft. Collins the next. I might have to buy a nice sleeping pad depending on how things go because we are changing the way we do things as assistants. We're  going to be traveling AP's so we can be out with the missionaries. Not traveling totally, but we are going to spend the majority of our day out with missionaries in the field. Then we will spend our evenings in our area. It's going to be awesome. Elder Young and I both feel like that's why we were assigned to be assistants. For the one on one work we can do with the missionaries. We just let our ward know about it yesterday, and they (and we) are still trying to figure out how everything's going to work, but it's going to be sweet!

We didn't get to do a ton of teaching this week, but we tried to visit Chad 2 or 3 times, but either he wasn't home or didn't answer. Sandy called me on Wednesday and Thursday and said she didn't want to be baptized so soon. She said she is having concerns with the fact that our church doesn't have a pastor give a sermon every Sunday. She said she's used to theologians giving sermons, and isn't sure how she'll take talks from members of the congregation. I know it's a simple concern and we'll be able to resolve it. I'm excited about meeting with her and getting her to church. She wants to come and see how she likes it, so it'll be good. By the way, I'm talking in Church on Sunday, so pray for me. My subject is on "ordinances". We got to have dinner with Jennifer Murray, and her daughter Joy, and her husband Jason. Jennifer was a less active lady that Elder Washburn was the first one to visit in this area. She went on a mission to California, and had some things happen in life and is less active. Joy is her 11 year old daughter and is awesome! She is the happiest girl ever, and we love teaching her. She was baptized when she was 8, and now both her and her mom are getting active in the church. Jason is Jennifer's second husband and isn't a member. He is a really nice guy, but not interested in the church--or so he thinks!  I was on exchanges with Elder McElroy and we tracted into the Murray's neighbor two houses down. His name was Eric, and he was ridiculously nice to us. He told us to come back on the weekend, and he would definitely let us in. We're excited to go back!

Well I don't have much time, but it was a great week, and I'm looking forward to all the new changes that are happening! The Gospel is true! I am so blessed to be a part of this. How marvelous this work really is. This is what this life is all about. D&C 138:56. This is what we have been prepared for. We received our first lessons to prepare us for this. I love this work. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment