"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Laughs


Shane, Elder McKay, Elder Young, Me
Man, I think I laughed more this week than I have in a really long time. Being with Elder McKay and Elder Young in a trio was a blast! I am so sad to see Elder McKay go. I learned so much from him, he truly is a representative of Jesus Christ and is connected to his purpose. I couldn't have asked for a better companion for 1/4 of my mission. I'm so glad we're rooming together at BYU. It's going to be a blast!

Well, this week was kind of crazy but in a good way. We picked up Elder Young from Laramie on Wednesday night. Then we worked in our area last week, and got to teach several people. We are working with Sandy, Joyce Slaughter's friend, and she is doing really well! She is progressing awesomely, and she is excited to be baptized. What more could we ask for than working with people who are excited to make a covenant with God? We taught Chad again this week, and it was a really good lesson. We taught the first lesson, and showed the restoration DVD, and the Spirit was so strong. We testified of the miracle it was that we were sitting in his living room right then, all because our Father in Heaven loves him so much. It was awesome!

On Saturday we had a going away get together with a lot of families in the ward for Elder McKay. It was so neat to see so many people share how Elder McKay has impacted their lives for good. What a neat thing for him to be able to see, and for us to be able to see so that we can try to become more like Christ through becoming more like Elder McKay. Cool!

Yesterday was one of the most exciting days of my mission! We picked up 20 missionaries at the airport. 6 sisters, 14 Elders. 2 Sisters are 19 years-old, 1 Elder is 18 years-old. We get to meet with the trainers and greenies for a while on transfer day, and as we were doing so, we started off by singing Come, Come ye Saints (powerful!) and I just was so excited. You could see their excitement and nobility and valor in the room. It was indescribable. The feeling and Spirit was almost tangible. We closed with How Firm a Foundation--and I felt so privileged to be able to witness such a marvelous gathering of the next age of God's army joining the ranks. What magnificence! I love this work so much. It is amazing. The Spirit I felt last night was real. Heavenly Father is real. With a perfect love that my mortal imperfections will never get near to describing with any shade of perfection, He loves us. He knows us. His Son performed the atonement perfectly, infinitely, and completely so that we may become like Him. So that we may be clean and become more. I love this work. What a privilege I have to stand in the midst of it and add my testimony to all those that have come before. I love it.

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

P.S. I got pulled over last night driving our 12 passenger van with trailer attached. Luckily it was only because the trailer lights were out. But still, I don't like getting pulled over. It'll give the new missionaries something to write home about though!  




The Kaisers and the Trio--Elders McKay, Young, and Me

Shane and Me singing "How Can I Be?" to Elder McKay
Taking Hma. DeRenzy and Hma. Flores to the airport
Me with 3 Elders that were going home

No comments:

Post a Comment