"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, July 16, 2012

Finally out of the Farmhouse!




Well Dear Family,

It's true.  We're finally out of the farmhouse.  I can't believe it.  I'll include pictures.

This week was a really hard week to tell you the truth. The Farm Manager, who manages the farmhouse as well, told us previously that we needed to be out by July 15.  So now we're out, and living with a family named the Hoovers.

Kelsey got baptized!  It was awesome.  She had the Institute Director baptize her (there's a pic of them 2).  And the program was great.  Her nonmember mom came to watch the baptism and is super supportive of Kelsey.  Kelsey's friend from Washington came also.  I was blessed to be able to confirm Kelsey yesterday, and it was just a great experience.  I was so happy for her, and more excited than I have been in a long time.  Baptisms are awesome.  The Spirit guiding the meeting, and also Sunday's meetings were amazing.

Kelsey's Mom, Kelsey, and Friend from Washington
Bishop Coleman, the Institute Director who baptized Kelsey
Elder Stanger, Kelsey, and Me


Gary is doing ok, we think. We weren't able to meet with him again this week. But, we're meeting with him on Wednesday, so we'll figure things out.  I think he should still be set to be baptized at the end of the month.  He's a great guy, but he has had a hard time lately.  I am so glad that he has been able to find the gospel. We should have a lot more to report this next week. We've gotten several referrals that should pan out.

I'm sorry that this is mostly just informational but I'll take the chance to leave part of my testimony.  I know Jesus Christ is real. He lives.  I have felt the enabling and cleansing power of the atonement.  It is so real.  It is so infinitely reaching and powerful.  If you're hurt, or alone, or broken, or lost, He is the answer.  Stop searching elsewhere. There is no lasting and true happiness except through Jesus Christ and His Gospel.  I love Him.


Love,
Elder Logan Bryan
Me in the Cornfield across the Farmhouse
Almost getting hit by a Semi!



No comments:

Post a Comment