"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, July 2, 2012

Stampede


Hey Family!
So this week was one of the most hectic, stressful weeks of my life.  But things are going well now!  Guess who the new assistant is?  ELDER MCKAY!  My first two companions are the APs and I get to go on an exchange with Elder Mckay this transfer instead of Elder Washburn.  Crazy!  I'm still in Greeley with Elder Stanger which means that I'll probably be here for 2 more transfers including this one.  Elder Stanger goes home 10 days after next transfer, so I will probably be staying and getting a new companion in 6 weeks.  Greeley is HOT.  But it's still great.  We have a lot of changes in the zone this transfer which will be good. They're much needed changes.

So a few short updates:

We taught Kelsey again this week a couple of times, and she loved everything. We have taught her all the lessons within the span of a week and two days. Crazy! Now we're just gearing her up for her baptism.

We taught Gary this week and he is doing ok, but his grandma died, and we taught the plan of salvation and it really touched him I think.  He is doing well, and it's so great to have good fellowship in the Peakview Ward.  That is what is really helping Gary.  The Searle family is an awesome family that has just taken Gary in as their brother.  It's awesome!

We met with a part member family named the Ballentine-Buxmans.  The mom is a member, and a very solid one with a strong testimony.  Her husband and daughter aren't members, and haven't really looked into the church on their own. So we were planning on what to teach them, and we thought we should talk to them about how Jesus Christ in his earthly ministry was a teacher who invited people to do things.  That is how he helped people become better, and change their lives--by inviting them to do so.  So we shared the story from the New Testament of Christ inviting the fishermen to "Come Follow Me", and then we invited them to listen to the lessons and find out for themselves.  It was great and it went really well.  Sis Ballentine bore a powerful testimony and invited them again to learn more, and they are having us over tomorrow for dinner and a lesson!  Then yesterday Sis Ballentine tearily bore her testimony in Sacrament Meeting personally thanking us for being bold and bringing the Spirit with us into her home.  It was a humbling moment for me to know that if we just strive to do what we can, we can influence people's lives for eternity.  It was a "divine signature" you could say.

We did the Spanish musical fireside this weekend, and it was great.  Elder Stanger and I sang our song, "En un Hermoso Bosque" and it went well.  I know people were touched by the Spirit during the fireside, and it was a good experience.

We also set up a booth at the Greeley Stampede--a huge rodeo carnival-- and it didn't go as well as we expected, but we are revamping it for July 4.

Well I don't have a ton of time, but I love you so much.  Thanks to everyone for their Birthday wishes.  I truly appreciate them.  I love the gospel.  What a miracle it is, and an undeniable, unshakeable witness the gospel is, of God's love for us. He loves us perfectly, immensely, and fully.  Now our job is to try to become like Him so we can have that love for others as well.  I love you. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment