"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, September 10, 2012

Family, How are You?


Hola from Greeley!  

How are you all doing?  Things in Greeley are going well.
 
So I was on exchanges with Elder Washburn when a lot of the good work here in Greeley happened.  Elder Hernandez and Elder McKay were together, and they taught two of our investigators, Roy and Bree.  Both lessons they said were phenomenal.  Bree read the chapter we gave her, and prayed and now felt for sure that God was there.  Roy had been having a hard time, and they testified of the atonement and the power the gospel has.  We should be teaching both this week, and we should be setting them with baptismal dates.  It's going to be awesome!  We also taught Caroline this week, and she is progressing, but has the same issues with her family.  Hopefully things will be better.
 
I know this is kind of a lame email, but things really are going well, and we'll have a lot more to report on next week.  Even though we won't be meeting with Elder Bednar due to some specific instructions from Salt Lake, it is still going to be a great week.
 
I know the gospel is true.  I love serving the Lord, and can't believe how fast the time has gone.  I can't afford to waste time, and I know it will go by so fast.  Christ is really the Savior of the World, and we just need to turn to Him in our times of trial and weakness.  I have found that we must not let anything get in the way of our relationship with God.  He that putteth his hand to the plow, looking back is not fit for the kingdom of God.  Let us look to the future, let us leave behind and let go of things that are restraining us from embracing fully and serving with our whole souls.  That is not only what is expected of us, but it's the only intelligent thing to do.  I love the gospel, and I love my Father in Heaven and His Son, my Savior.
 
Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment