"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Paul got Baptized!

Me, Paul, and David
Que Onda Familia?!  

This week was pretty great! As you can tell from the title, Paul got baptized!  It was an awesome experience, and it was a manifestation and summation of lots of miracles from lots of sources.  It was amazing! The baptism itself was great. David, the Elders Quorum President baptized him, and our ward mission leader Steve and a cool guy named Erik gave the talks.  Elder Hernandez and I said the prayers.  We also sang a cappela "Be Still My Soul" while they were changing. Paul asked me to confirm him on Sunday, and it was a very cool experience.  I felt guided for sure.

Today I don't have a lot of time, but here's some updates for this week:  1) Becky told her parents she was going to be baptized on the 22nd, and they flipped out. She had a lesson with us where she was crying, and said she needed to take a step back from the church so she could take some time to resolve this and talk to her parents.  It was so sad, but there was nothing we could do to help her keep the date and try and resolve it.  So we haven't met with her in over a week.  We, she, and her fellowshipper fasted last week for the situation, and I know it will get better, but it's sad to see it get pushed back more.  2) Sharron didn't come to church, and we texted her and she said she was going to her grandparents' church and felt like us coming and meeting her was a sign she needed to get back involved with God through her other church.  It's sad, and she's rejecting the Spirit she felt, but again, agency is a gift to mankind, and we can't do anything about it.  3) We met a girl named Caroline who is an awesome girl from San Diego that had a friend that took her to church all through  summer, and now is starting to come here.  She has also had family opposition, and it's hard for her as well. She broke down in a lesson in front of us as well.  It was sad to see, but we need to be comforters to these people as well as teachers.  She feels like she can't be baptized until she is out of her family's support and care which will be in four years. Hopefully it will be a little sooner.  4) We had a girl in the ward call us and ask us if we could meet the next night with her friend who wanted to meet with us. Her name is Bree, and she has felt so far away from God in her life, and she also broke down in the lesson.  Hopefully we'll be able to help her progress as well.

So there are a lot of great things happening.  We had been doing this finding challenge the last 2 weeks, and we said the top finders would be taken out to Red Lobster by us.  Cool prize, huh?  Well the last 2 weeks, the Greeley Zone has been the top finding zone in all of the mission!  Above the Aurora zone (crazy finding zone) and the Denver North Zone (good finders as well.)  IT's been awesome to see, and this past week Greeley found more new investigators than I've ever heard found here for at least over a year, if not years.  IT was pretty cool to see.

This week I get to go on another exchange with Elder Washburn!  I'm stoked.  We also found out yesterday that on the 15th of this month, we will be meeting as a whole mission, combined with the Denver South mission, and will be taught by Elder David A Bednar!  I'm ridiculously excited for that.  I get to see Alex McDonald!

Paul's Baptism!
Well I love the work.  I love the mission with all my heart.  But, most importantly I love my Savior, and I love His Gospel. In it is all true peace and happiness. There is none other name given nor means whereby salvation can come than in and through the name of Jesus Christ. It is through His gospel that we receive that blessing.  I love and know the truth of the gospel. 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan
Paul and Me!
Me, Paul, and Elder Hernandez
The Three Again--up close!  

No comments:

Post a Comment