"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm a Greenie Again

Como Estan Familia? 

We had a good week this week. Monday was a cool day--we picked up a group of 25 at the airport. 4 visa waiters and 21 new missionaries assigned to our mission. They're a good group. It's weird not knowing how they're doing, or how things are going in the mission, but I get to focus totally on my area now. I don't know very many people here in Barrio Montevista because we had Stake Conference this past week. It was an awesome conference. By the way, do you remember my first dinner in the mission field how it was green? That was the Brown family, and Thad Brown used to be the Bishop of the Buffalo Ridge Ward like a year before I got there. Yesterday the Cheyenne Stake was split into 2 stakes: Cheyenne, and Cheyenne East. The new Stake President of the Cheyenne East stake is Thad Brown. Cool!

So this week we have tracted a ton. We've tracted a specific apartment complex a lot. And it has yielded some really good fruit. It's a huge complex with 24 apartments in each building and at least like 12 buildings, so it's taken us some time to tract a part of it. We found some really good investigators from it. One is named Matilda Hernandez. We tracted into her, and then a few days later, we brought an awesome RM named Rafael Espinosa with us. It was a rough lesson, but somehow she still accepted an invitation to be baptized if she knew it was true. We found a really nice lady named Clara. We went back the next night with a couple in the ward--the Salazars, and had a good lesson with Clara and her husband Eucelio. It was a good lesson. There were some hiccups, but good overall. We set them with a baptismal date to work toward, and they're working toward being baptized on 19 Mayo. Clara is elect. She is really awesome, and I guess it's part of the culture, but she didn't do much talking in the lesson. Most of the talking was from Eucelio. But, when we explained and testified of the Book of Mormon, and gave them a copy each, she started intently looking through the pages, and I could just tell she wanted to know and wanted to feel.  It was cool. The other day, we were tracting, and we knocked into a door of a lady named Norma. She started talking to us and telling us how she had spent so long looking for the truth--she studied with Jehovah Witness, Christians, etc.--but she didn't find it, and so she had pretty much given up and decided on worshipping in her own way in her own house. So we told her that we wanted to share with her what we believe and invite her to find out on her own, just as she had in all the other instances, if it is true. She invited us in and her 22 year-old son was there named Jesus. We explained who we were and that many know us as Mormons, and her face was surprised. She said they were from Monterrey, MX (Cool!) and lived right in front of a church building. Her kids used to go "con los Mormones" all the time to play and have fun. She said she's worried about Jesus and the decisions he's making, and said she would love it if he went again "con los Mormones", and asked him if he would accept that. He said he would. So we taught them the restoration, and told her her exact question was one the gospel could answer. They loved it, and we are going back this week. She told us nobody had been able to explain the reason there are so many churches before us, but now she understands it. It was cool!

So we're seeing a lot of miracles. And I love being here in this area. It's hard, but I wouldn't want it any other way. If I didn't grow these last two transfers, I wouldn't be doing the Lord's work in the Lord's way--progressing grace for grace, line upon line, precept upon precept. I'm grateful for the desafios, for the hard times and challenges. For when I am weak, THEN am I strong. Because I will turn to the Lord in the times of affliction and trial. I am always, and will always be led back to my favorite scripture: Alma 26:12--"Yea I know that I am nothing. As to my strength I am weak; therefore, I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God; for in His strength I can do ALL THINGS." With His strength, I can become better. With His strength I can learn Spanish. With His strength I know I will become more like my Savior. I love Him.

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment