"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, April 15, 2013

Last Week in the Broadlands Ward and as an AP

Well My Family,

I won't have much time to write today, but I am doing well.  As you know transfers are next week.  This is an email I sent to Kenna a couple weeks ago:   Hey so, I don't really want you to tell Mom or Dad or Dallin or anyone, but I want to tell you about a miracle that I had this week. So I've been talking to Elder Young about our desires. He is a firm believer that if you let God know your righteous desires, and pray for them and live to receive those blessings, we will receive them. So I've wanted my whole mission to serve in Spanish and learn Spanish. I've felt like it would be such a blessing, and I would love and completely consecrate myself to it. So on Saturday morning, I was praying in the shower for it, and again on my knees during/after studies I prayed for the opportunity to serve in a Spanish area. Well, it snowed hard that day, and we had to go to the office and do a few things, and while we were there, President Toombs came in and started talking to us about miracles going on in the mission, etc.  We went back to work, and he was on one of the computers, and yelled over to me, "ELDER BRYAN!"  I said "Yeah?"  He said, "How's your Spanish?"  He told me to come over there, so I did. He pulled up the transfer scenario for next transfer on the computer, and said, "I'm thinking about putting you in the Montevista Ward, in Spanish."  He said, "The other day when you were giving your training, and showed the videos of you and your sister opening your mission calls, I thought how cool it would be for you to be in a Spanish area and know it when you go home. I've been thinking about it, and thought that would just be cool. What do you think?"  I was dumbfounded. I couldn't believe it. I said, "President, you know I would go anywhere you wanted me to, but that would be a dream come true. I would LOVE it."  It's not completely for sure, but what a testimony builder that God knows us and our desires, and is willing to grant them to us. I'm fairly certain I'll be in an awesome area, in a Spanish ward to end my mission!  What a blessing!  It has nearly brought me to tears a couple of times.

So now I know I will be in this ward, and I am so excited!  Yes, it looks like I'll be finishing up my mission speaking the celestial language of Spanish. What a dream, wish, and desire come true!  I'm so grateful.  What an answer to prayers!

We taught Tara 3 times this week, and she is completely awesome! She, Michael, Lauren, and Ashleigh went to church, and Michael's dad, Tara's 1st ex-husband came as well!  He grew up Jehovah Witness. It was great!  

Just thought you guys would like to know, we gave talks yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, and I thought it was one of the best talks I had given in a long time. I didn't have notes, just my scriptures, and it was great!  I talked about how to become converted, and used D&C 112:13 as the basis for my talk. I talked about how we must overcome the temptations of Satan to become converted--all of which temptations boil down to 2 things: doubt, and fear.  I talked about both a little bit. Apparently, we didn't know until after, there was a general authority in the audience. Elder Webb, from Idaho, is in the 5th Quorum of Seventy, and he was in our Sunday School gospel principles class. He pulled me aside after the class and said, "Do you have a minute?"  I told him yes.  He told me that he thought that was a great talk, and he especially was impressed as I testified and said, "As an authorized representative of the Lord Jesus Christ I testify that He lives."  He told me to say that as much as I could, and he praised me.  That was super cool. Then this morning, when we saw President Toombs as we were picking up the missionaries from the airport, he brought up, "Well I guess you had a general authority in your sacrament meeting yesterday?"  I said "Yeah, and if we would have known that, I would have been a lot more nervous for my talk, because both Elder Young and I talked."  He said, "That's how I knew, actually, he told me how impressed he was by the talks he heard by my missionaries. I got an email from him this morning. In particular, he mentioned a missionary named Elder Bryan. He said how nice it was to see a missionary that just gets it."  What a blessing to hear that!  And coming from a member of the Seventy!  Wow, pretty cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment