"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, April 29, 2013

Semana 2 en Montevista

Mexico Lindo y Querido!

Familia!

Siento que estoy viviendo en Mexico cuando manejamos en uno de los calles en nuestro area. We're doing good!  We don't have a ton of time, but I'll tell you about a few miracles we had this week! So,

#1 Sebastian. Our first week here, we were driving home one night, and passed a car with a flat tire on the side of the road. I felt strongly we should go back and try to help them, so we pulled a U-ie, and went and parked behind them. We talked to them...it was a super cold night, but we really couldn't help with anything with the flat tire, so we talked to the young man driving the car. He said they live in Commerce City, and we were speaking spanish, so we knew they were in our area. We told him what our purpose is as missionaries, and if they ever needed anything or wanted to know more, they could call us. We left him a card and that was that. This week on Tuesday we missed a call from a number, and we got the voicemail. It said that this was Sebastian, and we met him on the side of the road. He wanted to know more about what we do and teach as missionaries. So we met with him that night. He is 18, still in high school, and he says he's the only one in his family that is interested in God at all. He's been trying to study the Bible for years, but he can't understand it. He wants to do what God wants him to do, but he doesn't know how. We taught the first lesson the restoration, and he ate it up. He is so prepared to receive the Gospel!  What a miracle that he called us, after we had met him for 3 minutes on the side of the road. He has been prepared by God to do His work!  Sebastian is elect!

#2 My spanish is doing ok. I thought it'd be easy, and I'd pick it up since Dad speaks perfectly, Mom speaks perfectly, and Kenna does as well. Well, no. Not true. But I can tell the difference in my Spanish when we have the Spirit in our lessons. In particular, yesterday. We taught Clara again. We took our ward mission leader, Hno Bermudez with us to teach Clara, and it was an awesome lesson. The Spirit was soo strong in the lesson, and as we bore testimony, both Hno Bermudez and I started to cry. Clara knows the gospel is to bless her family, and I know she wants to progress. My Spanish had no problems. I could clearly express myself as well as I needed to because the Spirit was there. The gift of tongues is real. In contrast, the next lesson we had, the Spirit wasn't as strong, and my Spanish suffered, a lot!  But I know that the Spirit helps me, and it helps us to know and testify that we're here because we love them and God loves them. We testified to Clara that we weren't there just to share information. We are there because we love her and her family. It was awesome!

I love the gospel and this sacred and marvelous work! We haven't seen a ton of success lately, but we're working dang hard, and I know it will come. Like Isaiah 40:31 says, "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint."  As we wait upon, and work for, and love the Lord, these blessings WILL come to pass. I have seen it too many times to doubt. So, we're working, loving, and waiting. And I KNOW  we will see the arm of the Lord outstretched in so many blessings, it will be hard to have room to receive them. That is the power of the Gospel that I know to be true. I love you! 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment