"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 3 en Montevista


Me and Elder Guzman at the Camarena's Home
Hola familia!!

Well this week was pretty dang good! We saw a ton of miracles this week. We had a goal to teach 20 lessons. We hadn't done that so far in this area, but we were bound and determined to this week. So, here's how the week went. Monday, Elder Guzman and I went on a mini exchange to teach Sebastian. It was an amazing lesson. Elder Guzman went so that we could pass him over to the YSA missionaries. Sebastian is so prepared, and it was amazing. At the end of the lesson, he was asking, "What do I need to do to prepare to be baptized?" We read with him D&C 20:37, and testified to him, and now he has a baptismal date of May 25th. I'm so excited for him.

Tuesday we taught a few families, and it was good. Familia Vasquez is an awesome member family, that we stopped by a couple weeks ago to teach a lesson to and get to know. Sis Vasquez asked us that night,  "Elders, I want to share the gospel, but I don't know how." So we taught her this past week how to share the gospel from PME.  I shared the quote under Listening in Chapter 10, and she loved it and said, "Este es la clave".

Wednesday we taught a less active family named Fam Rivera Espinoza, and it was a good lesson. They committed to come to church, and then didn't :(  We also taught a potential and her mom, named Mariela and Juana Sanchez, and it was an ok lesson. I don't know if I ever told ya'll about a specific church I ran into in Cheyenne. Esta iglesia  es no buena. They're the ones that think that Jesus came in his second coming down in 1918 as a Korean man, and they believe heavenly mother is on earth right now in the flesh. Needless to say no bueno. So Mariela's brother belongs to this church, and I think she has some misconceptions because of it, but we'll work with them.

Thursday we taught Daniela. We got a referral on Tuesday from church HQ of a lady named Daniela. So Thursday we taught her. She's awesome!  She works at a little mercadito close to where we live. We taught her there. She works there with a member of the church, and she had been chatting with a sister missionary online for a while. It was awesome. She is excited to read the Book of Mormon and come to church. I think Daniela is going to be really promising. We also taught our ward mission leader, Hno Bermudez. He lives alone here in the states. His wife and kids are still in Mexico (Acapulco). We have gotten pretty close to him so far because he lives in Commerce City near us, and he is free to go to appointments with us a lot. I love Hno Bermudez. He has a simple, powerful, loving testimony that helps us so much when we're teaching people.

Saturday we had a lot of appointments set up and pretty much all of them but one cancelled. But we still taught one of the potentials we had, her name is Cruz. It was good to teach her with Hno Bermudez, and we have an appointment with her this next week as well. We also taught a less active family. Fam Plata. They struggle with going to church, but they're an awesome family and I love them.

Sunday. We needed to teach 7 lessons yesterday to teach 20 for the week, and we did it!  It was intense, amazing, crazy, but so spirit filled it was nuts. We had pretty much everything cancel, but for backups people came to our minds, and we visited them and we got to teach them. It was an amazing testimony builder that when we have a goal that God wants us to accomplish, He will help us do so. I love being a missionary so much.

My testimony is that of work. Work gets the job done. Work is the action part of faith. Work is the conversion of a testimony. Work is the purpose of our lives. If we work, everything falls into place. God's WORK and his glory is to bring to pass our immortality and eternal life. It's our privilege to do his work. I love it!

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan



Us, the Sisters, and the Elders in Montevista at the despedida of  Oscar Rodriguez.  He's going to the
Singapore Mission!  WHAT??!!!
Me in front of I-70, the small bit of land you can see under the bridge is in the Denver South Mission!
We go to the borders!!!
Elder Orejuela, Me, and the Sisters at Obispo's house having spaghetti, wearing aprons.

No comments:

Post a Comment