"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day!

Mom, I love you!

My thoughts and feelings about you are best expressed through the words of Abraham Lincoln.  I have shared the quote before, and I will say it again, but I owe who I am to you, my angel mother!

This week was good. Tuesday we taught Daniela. She's doing well, and it's been a joy to teach her. We taught her about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon, and invited her to be baptized and she accepted!  We also met with the Vasquez family again, and invited them to invite their friends to a FHE. It was great!

Wednesday we taught our investigator Audiel Villegas, and it was a good lesson that we needed to have where he basically told us that he doesn't feel ready to go to church. We'll still keep trying with him, and trying to get him there, but he has come up with a lot of excuses. He loves what we teach and agrees with everything, but he just won't come to church. That day we also met with Familia Barrera to tell them about the goal we have as a ward, and to invite them to work towards it and do their part. They said they would, and they took on as a family the goal of helping a former investigator/part-member family we have that the last missionaries were working with. We met also with a recent convert family, Familia Lavanderos. They were baptized in February, and are awesome!  We also taught them about the goal we have as a ward, and talked to them about doing missionary work!

Thursday we met with a less active family named familia Olivas.  Sister Olivas is the sister of Sis Vasquez, which we had no idea of before. It was a good lesson, and full of excuses.  I think we developed a good relationship, and Elder Orejuela totally spiritually slapped Bro Olivas in the face with Ether 12:37. It was great! We also met with Daniela again.  She told us she had been having some weird dreams. She had dreams of dead people, and also a shadow next to her bed. We read with her the complete Joseph Smith story and offered a blessing.  We met with Fam Rivera again, and they hadn't come to church, so we told them we would come bang on their door Sunday morning to wake them up for church, and we did! And they came!  Sweet!!!!  We also met with Fam Plata again. They're awesome!  I know the reason we were there that night was not for them, but for their daughter Jessica. She's a former investigator. She had left in the middle of the lesson, and at the end of the lesson, I asked how she was doing.  We had asked about a blessing of healing we had given her a couple of weeks ago, and they said she was better the next day--completely better.  She knew it was the blessing too.  So I asked them if when she got back that night they would ask her if she wants to talk to us again.  So...in the middle of us talking about her, she came back into the apartment.  And her parents asked her, Jessica the missionaries have something to ask you!  So we talked, and she told us how she had known the blessing was awesome, and she had talked with missionaries before, but now she said she's a big girl and it's time to get her life straight and she wants to get it on course.  She told us she wants to meet with us individually so we can teach her separately from her parents (who are less active).  It was awesome, and I know we were there and were prompted to ask about the blessing and about her.  And we were given the opportunity to talk to her and get her to start investigating again.  Miracle!

Friday, we went tracting and one door opened and the guy just said, "Pasenle". Sweet!  We taught Sergio the first lesson, and he liked it, and we're meeting with him again tonight. We're also going to help him remodel a trailer and I think that will help our teaching and relationship with him!

Saturday we taught a lady named Pati. We're going to meet with her and her family again on Wednesday. It is going to be great teaching the family. I hope they'll progress.

Sunday of course was the Mothers' Day call. That was amazing. I love you family!

Elder Orejuela and I are doing well!  We're loving it here in Commerce City, and we're loving the work.  It is the Lord's work, and every day there are tender mercies, miracles, the hand of the Lord in our lives.  It's an amazing blessing to be a missionary.  I love being a missionary and learning to love the Lord and learning to love others.  It is truly a miracle.  I love you!

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

Tara's and Michael's Baptism in the Broadlands Ward--Saturday, May 11, 2013.  Brother Kaiser picked me up so that I could attend!  A most wonderful experience, and one I'll never forget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment