"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Montevista Este

Aqui estamos, en Commerce City. I'm still with Elder Orejuela and our area got split. There will now be a Montevista Central area, and we are now on bike! Crazy. We're the only Spanish area on bike in our entire mission. We're going to tear it up though. Crazy miracles happened this week. It was awesome. I'm so excited about Daniela. It was some of the most frustrating, and some of the most rewarding days of my mission. What a blessing.

So this week, we saw lots of miracles and blessings. Sunday was one of the most frustrating days of my life. Not to be down, but absolutely nothing worked. We tried like everyone! And nobody panned out. Tuesday we met with Rosa y Alondra and it was a good lesson. I love the question, if you could ask God a question, face to face, what would you ask him? It is a question that gets you to know people's questions of their souls right away. With Rosa, she wanted to know what church is right since there are so many. Alondra wanted to know what her purpose is in life. We taught the restoration and it was good. I don't know how much is going on in their lives, but it was great to teach them. Rosa is getting treated for cancer, and they go through rough times--Alondra is a madre soltera. I pray they'll progress, but they are no longer in our area, they're in the Central area which is Elder Diaz (my old comp) and Elder Sarmiento.

Daniela! So we taught Daniela first on Thursday, and then on Saturday. Thursday's lesson, we read 2 Nefi 31 with her, and she loved what it talked about. When we invited her to be baptized, she said she wants to, but it's something she wants to take so seriously, she doesn't want to rush into it. So we tried to resolve the concern, but ended up leaving the lesson frustrated because she is so golden and wants to do what God wants her to do, but she doesn't want to commit to be baptized for him. So I prayed, and tried to figure out what to do to help her, and we taught her again on Saturday. The first thing we asked her after starting the lesson was, "So we talked about baptism last time, and how have you felt about it?" She said, "It's funny because I've been praying about it, and I don't really know why, but I feel like I should be baptized before July!" What? It was a complete miracle. I'm so excited for it. She is prepared, and we're teaching her again tonight.

Well family, I have to go, but the time is nearing the end. Not that I'm trunky. I feel sometimes the furthest thing from it. I talked to Elder O yesterday about how missionaries are joking and poking fun at me because I DON'T want to go home, not because I do. It seems weird. But I will give it my all. Giving my all is the only thing I can do because any other way is doing my mission in my way, not the Lord's. I'm so grateful for the miracle, the blessing, the sacred grove my mission has become. And it will continue to become such for the next 6 weeks. I love the Lord. With all that I have, I want to and will continue to love him.

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment