"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, May 20, 2013

Feliz Cumple Mamá!

I love you mother! I thought about you several times yesterday and prayed you would feel my love for you. I love you with all my heart.

This week was magnificent! We taught 20 lessons, and found 7 new investigators. I think things are really starting to pick up in our area. It was a good area, but I think things are going good and things are starting to heat up. One of the investigators we found last week is named Sergio. He is awesome. We had an appointment with him this past Monday, but he no-showed. But on Saturday, we were driving by his trailer and he was walking, and he stopped us and was super friendly. He shook our hands through the windows and it was awesome. He asked if we wanted to come and talk right then, and we said of course. So we went in and talked with him. He had read what we had left him--4 times. What?!!
He is awesome and we had a good talk about the Book of Mormon. After the lesson, his family that lives in Alamosa came up and surprised him by visiting him. He wanted to introduce us to his wife and kids, and he told them, "These are our new friends!  And they're friends of God too." What a cool experiencia. I love Sergio. 

Daniela is doing well, not too much to report on her. She graduated this week, so we'll be meeting with her way more frequently this week. We found some really good potentials while doing service this week. We met a guy named Jorge, and helped him do some landscaping at an apartment complex. While helping, 2 ladies were carrying a fusbol table, and we went and helped them. They're from Idaho, and just moved here. They said they knew a ton of Mormons in Idaho, and we have an appointment to meet with them tomorrow at 12 noon!  

Elder Orejuela and I are doing really well. I love the work! We had one of the best zone conferences I've ever had this week. President showed us a video of clips from talks by Elder Eyring and Elder Holland about missionary work and the atonement. Powerful. I was crying. Also, I gave my departing testimony, as well as Elder Mckay. It was awesome. I am sorry I don't have more time to email the long one as it is usually, but I spent most of my time talking with you guys. I love you!!!!! 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment