"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, June 3, 2013

Monte-Beast-a

Buenas Tardes Familia!

Esta semana tuvimos milagros y desafios, y esta semana que entra, vamos a ver milagros cada dia.

Daniela is progressing really awesomely. We taught her several of the commandments this week, and she loves them. The first commandment we taught is obedience, and when we teach obedience with the Spirit and they understand and commit to it, the rest of the commandments make sense and are easy for them to follow. That's how it worked with Daniela, and when we taught the rest of the commandments this week, like the Word of Wisdom, she had no problem in accepting and committing to live them. It was awesome. We're set to have her baptism on June 15th, and Elder Orejuela will be baptizing her!

We had a miracle this week on Tuesday. We were walking to our appointment that we didn't feel like was going to be there after teaching Daniela. So we walked by the library, and there was this lady sitting down looking pretty down as well. We passed her and I felt like we should talk to her, so we stopped on the sidewalk across the street, and dared each other to go talk to her. While we were stalling and Elder O made a call to our next appt, this lady came up to us, and asked to borrow our phone to make a call. We said sure, and after she was done, we asked to talk to her. She said she used to be religious but not anymore. She told us her name was Cynthia, and that three weeks ago her boyfriend and basically husband, even though they're not married, was killed. We asked her if we could talk to her on a park bench nearby and she said sure. So for 20 minutes after praying with her, we testified of the love God has for us. We testified over and over again that God loves her and has a plan for her, and He has a way for her to find happiness again. She thanked us, and asked us what we think happens after this life. We told her and testified again, and asked her to please listen to the missionaries who cover her area (she doesn't live near Commerce City). She promised us she would give them a chance. We prayed for her, and for her daughter too, and then she left after giving us her real name, and her phone number. It was such a tender mercy to be able to testify and help one of God's lost daughters. I felt so much love and sympathy for her. I wish so much she could feel the Love God has for her. It was a tender mercy of the Lord. I love testifying of God's love.

I'm sorry I don't have more details, but this next week will be full of them. I love you so much. If there is one thing I have learned on my mission, it is that God truly loves us. He does. More than we could ever imagine. More than we can feel. When our hands hang helplessly down, He loves us. When we have lost all that we feel we can, He loves us. When we fail, and fall, and falter, He loves us. When we waver in our love for Him, He still loves us. I have felt it. And I feel it strengthen me. I know God loves me. And the essence and base of that love is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Because God loves me, He sent His Son. Christ loves me too, enough to suffer both body and spirit and drink the most bitter cup known to man. I love Him so much. I know God Lives, and I know God Loves! 

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment