"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
-- Alma 26:12



Monday, June 17, 2013

Baptism and Sealing!

Me, Rita and Allen Collins, Elder Anderson
What a week! It was amazing familia. On Monday or Tuesday night I got a letter from Allen and Rita Collins (Cheyenne, WY) inviting me to their sealing this past Saturday at 1pm. President Toombs gave us permission along with Elder Anderson and his companion, and we got to go to their endowment session, and their sealing. 

Elder Orejuela, Daniela, Me

Daniela was baptized! Elder Orejuela baptized her, and I confirmed her. It was a neat experience, and I know she totally feels a part of the ward family.  We taught Daniela several times this week, and it was so cool to work with her and help her prepare for the baptism. She wants to be a missionary very badly, and I know she'll prepare to serve a mission and stay active. 

This week was also full of teaching. We taught 20 lessons this week, 14 of which were investigators. It was an awesome week. It was cool to reach our goal again. It makes such a difference when we commit ourselves to the goal that we set.

One of the biggest tender mercies this week was Azucena and Marcos, her husband. We took a member with us to our lesson with them on Tuesday, and it was such a good lesson. We were a little bit apprehensive about Marcos because we hadn't met him, and he walked in as we were talking with Azucena. But, Marcos sat in on the lesson, and we ended up talking to them about the problems they were having in their lives. Marcos said he wants to improve his marriage, and his relationship with his kids. We talked to them about a marriage and family centered in Christ is the only way to true happiness in a family. It was a spirit-filled lesson, and Marcos told us afterwards that all that we had taught him made a lot of sense to him, and they really liked it. We have another appointment with them on Tuesday, and we hope they will progress.  We needed to teach 5 lessons yesterday to reach our goal of 20 for the week, and again, we saw miracles. We had 2 lessons before dinner, and needed 3 after dinner. So, we set up 3 for after dinner, and got to our second appointment and they weren't there. We were bummed, and decided to try some other potentials near the trailer, so we did, and we set up an appointment for the next week with one of them, and we needed to go soon, so we biked back past the appointments trailer, and they suddenly pulled up! It was a miracle, and we were able to teach Pati, and she is very willing to learn and grow her faith. We see miracles all the time when we commit ourselves to the Lord, and we were able to see that yesterday just like we do every week and every day if we look for them. 

I'm so grateful for my mission, and for the wonderful miracles that I have been able to see and help happen. The Lord grants us the blessing of doing His work, and blesses us so much in return. I love my Savior. He is so keenly aware of everything that we need and want in our lives. He will grant unto us our desires. I hope and pray my will can be His, and that I can help others feel of the arms of His love encircled around them. I love my mission!  

Love,
Elder Logan Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment